My Mother's Home

One of the special things I remember about my mother is that she had a wonderful ability to make our home look great. When I was younger I thought every mom knew how to decorate and make a house become a home. I didn’t know that my mom was special. Sure, everyone who came into our home expressed compliments, but I always thought they said nice things about every home they visited. It wasn’t until I started venturing out with friends that I discovered that our home was different.

At some point I came to recognize that mom knew how to decorate because she read and learned to decorate. Maybe you know Miranda Lambert’s song, The House that Built Me. Well, the song could surely have been written about my mom and dad, and our home.

Mama cut out pictures of houses for years
From Better Homes and Garden magazine
Plans were drawn and concrete poured and
Nail by nail and board by board
Daddy gave life to mama’s dream

The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert on Grooveshark


If you really want to become a decorator who knows her/his stuff, you should consider visiting our free website, www.howtodecoratemyhome.net. At no charge you can use lessons that teach principles of art, color, accessorizing and more. Come check it out and then tell your friends. They’ll be glad you did.

No comments :

Post a Comment